On the evening of Wednesday, September 18, 2019, Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control will be spraying all outdoor school areas, including but not limited to playgrounds and athletic fields. The scheduled timing of the spraying will be after 7:00pm at all schools except for the High School, which will be after 8:00pm. More information regarding the spraying can be found by clicking on this file: www.wpsk12.com/ShawsheenMosquito. A hard copy is also available for viewing at the main office of the school.
Welcome to the Shawsheen Elementary School. Our school educates students in Grades 1-3. Below please find some useful information about our school and please feel free to visit our Principal's Blog and Twitter feed which is updated regularly.
Mrs. Lisa King - Principal
Mr. Kevin Welch - Interim Assistant Principal
Ms. Jennifer Sirois - Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Lisa Gibbs - Adjustment Counselor
Mrs. Katie Peters - School Nurse
8:55 - 3:00pm (Students will be marked tardy after 8:55am)
Please note - students can be dropped off at 8:30am
Early Release Dismissal: 12:00pm (see school calendar for dates of early dismissals)
* We ask that all parents/guardians notify the front office (978-694-6030) if your child is going to be absent or tardy by 9:00am.
* All visitors must enter and exit the building via the main entrance front door. There is a also a handicap/stroller entrance on the Hopkins Street side of the building. Please ring the buzzer at either entrance.
* All visitors must sign in at the front office to receive a "Visitor Pass". We ask that visitors wear their pass and sign out at the front office when their visit is complete.
* All doors to the building will be locked at 8:55am.
* Students arriving after 8:55am will be marked tardy and will need to be signed in by an adult at the front office.
* Please make sure student's emergency contact information is up to date on the Aspen Parent Portal
* Please put in writing to your child's classroom teacher any change in transportation.
* We do not accept changes in bus transportation for the purpose of playdates. Please arrange for your child to be a car rider on these days.
The mission of the Wilmington Public Schools is to educate and develop students academically, socially, and emotionally to be active, civic-minded contributors to our global society.