Welcome to the Shawsheen Elementary School. Our school educates students in Grades 1-3. Below please find some useful information about our school and please feel free to visit our Principal's Blog and Twitter feed which is updated regularly.
Mrs. Lisa King - Principal
Mr. Kevin Welch - Interim Assistant Principal
Ms. Jennifer Sirois - Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Lisa Gibbs - School Counselor
Mrs. Katie Peters - School Nurse
8:55 - 3:00pm (Students will be marked tardy after 8:55am)
Please note - students can be dropped off at 8:30am
Early Release Dismissal: 12:00pm (see school calendar for dates of early dismissals)
* We ask that all parents/guardians notify the front office (978-694-6030) if your child is going to be absent or tardy by 9:00am.
* All visitors must enter and exit the building via the main entrance front door. There is a also a handicap/stroller entrance on the Hopkins Street side of the building. Please ring the buzzer at either entrance.
* All visitors must sign in at the front office to receive a "Visitor Pass". We ask that visitors wear their pass and sign out at the front office when their visit is complete.
* All doors to the building will be locked at 8:55am.
* Students arriving after 8:55am will be marked tardy and will need to be signed in by an adult at the front office.
* Please make sure student's emergency contact information is up to date on the Aspen Parent Portal
* Please put in writing to your child's classroom teacher any change in transportation.
* We do not accept changes in bus transportation for the purpose of playdates. Please arrange for your child to be a car rider on these days.
The mission of the Wilmington Public Schools is to educate and develop students academically, socially, and emotionally to be active, civic-minded contributors to our global society.