• There are hot and cold choices available, however, orders for hot breakfast (bagel, french toast sticks and pancakes) must be in by 7:15 a.m. Cold breakfast menu items include cereal, fruit and yogurt.
• Breakfast is served at 7:30.This enables us to leave the kitchen and cafe area by 7:45, letting the kitchen staff get back to their work and the children coming to school to enter the cafe.
• After breakfast we head to the gym for an organized game or some free time. Some of our favorites are Capture the Flag, Dodgeball and ANYTHING boys verse girls!!
• At 2:25 the kids will be dismissed from school and meet for C.A.R.E.S. in the gym. After everyone gets signed in, we’ll separate into groups for homework, outside or gym and computer lab.
• Snack is at 3:45 everyday.
• After snack the kids choose where they would like to go, either the art room for a craft project or free time, the gym for an organized game or to the computer lab.
Our staff understand the constant “on the go” lives our C.A.R.E.S. families lead. As such, Homework will be an option every day (except Friday) for an hour before snack. Please let a staff member know if you want your child to work on his or her homework at C.A.R.E.S.. **Please note: Being on the homework list does not ensure that your child’s homework has been corrected by a staff member. You will need to check their work at home.