Kindergarten Registration Dates and TImes
WEEK OF MARCH 13 - 17, 2017
WILDWOOD EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
9:00-11:00 AM and 12:45-2:30 PM
BOUTWELL EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
8:30-10:30 AM and 12:15-2:15 PM
SCREENING DATES May 30, 31, and June 1, 2017 9:00-2:30
PreK and K Registration
If your child turns three (3) on or before Aug 31, 2017 they may register for preschool.
If your child reaches age five (5) on or before August 31, 2017 he/she should register for Kindergarten at this time.
In accordance with School Committee policy, no child will be registered to enter first grade if he/she has not turned six (6) prior to August 31, 2017 even if they have completed a kindergarten program elsewhere.
The following items must be presented at the time of registration:
I. Original birth certificate with official seal
II. Proof of Residency (one of the following items)
- Record of recent mortgage payment and/or property tax bill
- Fully signed and executed Lease and/or Rental Agreement (Must be executed by both parties)
- Notarized Landlord/Owner of Property Affidavit
- Fully signed and executed Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement (provided occupancy date occurs within 30 days of enrollment)
- Section 8 Agreement
III. Proof of Occupancy (one of the following items)
- Gas/Oil Bill, Electric Bill, Home (not cell) Telephone Bill, Cable Bill, Water Bill (Note: Bill must be dated within the past 45 days and address and name must be stated)
- Recent bill (other than that stated above dated within the past 45 days showing Wilmington address and name. However, a Residency Statement/Affidavit is REQUIRED with this option.
- Occupancy Statement/Affidavit must be notarized if a bill can not be provided prior to student’s enrollment
IV. Proof of Identity (one of the following items)
- Valid MA Driver’s License
- Valid MA Photo ID Card
- Valid Passport
- Other Government issued Photo ID
V. Proof of Medical
- Updated Physical and Immunizations
NOTE: Parents registering children for Kindergarten will also register at this time for the Early Childhood Kindergarten/Preschool screening. This screening will be conducted in MAY and JUNE, further information will be provided at the time of registration. Also, screening is available to three (3) and four (4) year olds whose parents believe that their child has a reasonable likelihood of having any disabilities. Parents of three (3) and four (4) year olds wishing to have their child screened may also schedule an appointment during the above dates at the Boutwell and Wildwood Early Childhood Centers.
Entrance Age - School Committee Policy
- A child may be registered for public kindergarten in accordance with the following attendance age policy:
- Each child may attend public kindergarten if he or she has attained the chronological age of five on or before August 31st of the academic year in which the parent(s) desire entry.
- A child shall be registered for grade 1 in accordance with the following age attendance policy:
- Each child must have attained the chronological age of six on or before August 31st of the academic year.
- Each child must attend grade 1 if he or she has attained the chronological age of six on or before August 31st of the same year.
The school administration is directed to enforce the above policy without exception.
Admission and grade placement of transfer and special needs students shall be an administrative decision. The decision will involve a consideration of both chronological age and the readiness of the child to do the work of the particular grade. Appropriate input from the parent(s) will be sought in forming the decision.
LEGAL REFS.: M.G.L. 15:1G Board of Education Regulations for Entrance to First Grade and Kindergarten, adopted 7/20/71