School Wellness Advisory Council
It is the mission of the Wilmington Public School Wellness Advisory Council to educate, promote and support health and wellness to enhance lifelong healthy behaviors. Membership includes the following: Director of Nursing Services, PE/Health Liaison, Director of Food Services, Assistant Superintendent of Schools, School Physician, School Committee Representative, School Principal/Assistant Principal, School Nurse(s), Special Education Representative, Board of Health Director, Student Representatives, and Parents. Meetings are held quarterly.
- Coordinated School Health Program: http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/CSHP/
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health: http://www.mass.gov
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education: http://www.doe.mass.edu/cnp/hprograms/cshp/
- Promoting Healthy Youth schools and Communities
- www.letsmove.gov – Join First Lady Michelle Obama, community leaders, teachers, doctors, nurses, moms and dads in a nationwide campaign to tackle the challenge of childhood obesity.