Posted by Web Master on 8/3/2018
Hello West Families,
I can’t believe the new school year is fast approaching! Mrs. Collings has been busy ordering supplies and materials to be ready for opening day. The custodians are working on getting the building ready for the upcoming year. Many of our teachers are attending workshops, classes and trainings to continue their own learning this summer, so our students can look forward to more hands-on learning opportunities, group collaboration, and engaging, interactive activities throughout the curriculum. The Shawsheen/ West PAC is already booking enrichment programs and social events to enrich our students’ school experience.
Don’t forget that the teachers’ Supply Lists are posted here our West Intermediate web page. If you have any questions, send me an email at email@example.com. Please remember if you are purchasing any cleaning supplies for classrooms, they must be Green Works, Seventh Generation, or other EPA registered brand.
We have several upcoming dates to share with all of you for August/ September:
- Monday, August 27: Building Walk-Thru for new parents/students to visit classrooms and drop off supplies from 4:00-5:00 PM. Teachers are not present
- Tuesday, August 28: FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
- Friday, August 31: NO CLASSES
- Monday, September 3: NO CLASSES-Labor Day
- Thursday, September 6: OPEN HOUSE - Grade 5 6:00-6:30 PM/Grade 4 6:30-7:00 PM
- Thursday September 13: Picture Day
- Friday, September 28: CIT-Early Dismissal @ Noon
Open House Schedule- Thursday September 6
Grade 5 classroom presentations 6:00-6:30
Grade 5 Special Education presentations 6:30-7:00
Grade 4 classroom presentations 6:30-7:00
Grade 4 Special Education presentations 6:00-6:30
Hopefully this info helps in planning for our opening of school on August 28. See you all soon!!
Click here to download a PDF copy of this posting.