March Family Update
March 1, 2017
Dear North Families,
Our annual Pennies for Patients Drive has begun and runs through March 17th! Mrs. Farnham and the North Student Council will be helping to organize. In the past, we have raised over $4,000 as a school and received recognition as a Shiny Penny School! All proceeds go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. You may help your child with spare change donations or go right to our school’s donation page and donate (please see attached).
To do this:
Follow the link: http://events.lls.org/pages/ma/NorthIntermediateSchoolWilmington
Look on the right side for where it says Get Involved. Find your classroom or just donate to the North! Please see the attached flyer.
Here are some important upcoming dates for the month of March. You will be contacted soon by your child’s classroom teacher regarding parent conference appointments for March 23rd.
- NAEP TESTING: Tuesday, March 7th --- (Only selected 4th grade students)
- EARLY RELEASE DAY: Friday, March 10th – C.I.T. DAY (EARLY DISMISSAL @ 11:25 a.m.)
- MR. KITCHIN: Guest Engineer- Mon& Tues, March 13 & 14 Electricity lesson—Grade 4 only
- SCHOOL STORE: Wednesday, March 15th – during lunch period
- WPS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROVIDER FAIR: Thursday, March 16th 6:00-8:30 p.m. at WMS
- SPIRIT DAY @ NORTH: Show your St. Patrick’s Day Spirit on Friday, March 17th
- PARENT CONFERENCES: Thursday, March 23rd (EARLY DISMISSAL @ 11:25 a.m.)
Also, 4th grade families should have received an e-mail from Mr. Bell regarding Music Class “Informances.” This will be the opportunity to see what students are learning in music this year. There is no spring concert this year for Grade 4.
- 4th GRADE INFORMANCES: Thursday & Friday, March 30th & 31st – during Music Class
The Northside PAC is looking for volunteers for the 5th Grade Spring Dance with the Hollywood Nights theme! There will be a meeting on Thursday, March 9th at 7PM at Panera for those interested in helping out at that fun event!
Finally, detailed information will be coming home later this week on the finalized MCAS calendar for April and May. April is English Language Arts (4th grade before vacation and 5th grade after vacation). Math sessions are all in May. Grade 5 only will have Science Technology/Engineering in May.
Looking forward to the mild weather continuing!