How to Enroll

Registration for Wilmington students happens at the student's building.  Please see our Our Schools page for contact information.  The registration forms are available via the Registration Documents section at the right.


Preschool & Kindergarten Registration Dates and Times

If you have not yet registered your child for kindergarten please call the main office to arrange a time to drop off your completed registration packet.

We are no longer accepting applications for preschool at this time. If you wish to have your child's name added to the preschool waitlist, please contact the school.

If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the building principal.

Boutwell Early Childhood Center -
Wildwood Early Childhood Center -

The following items must be presented at the time of registration:

  • I. Copy of original Birth Certificate with official seal
  • II. Medical Information
    1. Most recent physical exam information and immunizations record
  • III. Proof of Residency (one of the following items)
    1. Record of recent mortgage payment and/or property tax bill
    2. Fully signed and executed Lease and/or Rental Agreement (Must be executed by both parties)
    3. Notarized Landlord/Owner of Property Affidavit (please refer to district's website and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used “Residency Statement/Affidavit”)
    4. Fully signed and executed Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement (provided occupancy date occurs within 30 days of enrollment)
    5. Section 8 Agreement
  • IV. Proof of Occupancy (one of the following items)
    1. Gas/Oil Bill, Electric Bill, Home (not cell) Telephone Bill, Cable Bill, Water Bill (Note: Bill must be dated within the past 45 days and address and name must be stated)
    2. Recent bill (other than that stated above dated within the past 45 days showing Wilmington address and name. However, a Residency Statement/Affidavit is REQUIRED with this option. Please refer to district's website and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used)
    3. Occupancy Statement/Affidavit must be notarized if a bill can not be provided prior to student's enrollment (please refer to district's website and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used “Occupancy Statement/Affidavit”)
  • V. Proof of Identity (one of the following items)
    1. Valid MA Driver's License
    2. Valid MA Photo ID Card
    3. Valid Passport
    4. Other Government issued Photo ID

NOTE:  Notarization at the Wilmington Town Hall is no longer available. Additionally, if you require an original copy of your child's birth certificate, please order it online from the clerk's page on the town website:, or email at, or call for assistance at 978-658-2030.

Back To School Pup Vaccination Information

Entrance Age

Policy JEB - Entrance Age

Registration Documents

Entrance Age - School Committee Policy


In an attempt to permit children to enter school at the time most appropriate for them individually, the School Committee establishes the following policy on entrance age:

1. Children who will be five years of age prior to September 1st will be eligible to enter kindergarten for that school year.

2. Children who will be six years of age prior to September 1st will enter grade 1 for that school year.

3. Initial admission of children to kindergarten, first grade (or other grades) will involve a consideration of both chronological age and academic readiness.

Parents/guardians who are seeking an exception to the entrance age policy should make this request in writing to the building principal by May 1st. The principal in consultation with the superintendent and an appointed committee will be authorized to make these determinations. S

OURCE: MASC February 2019 LEGAL REFS.: M.G.L.76:1 603 CMR 8.00

Adopted April 14, 2021